|Employer||National Rural Electric Cooperative Association|
|Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 703-907-5992|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||February 13, 2020|
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of America’s electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice.
This multimedia internship would involve rotating among all areas of the digital strategies team, within NRECA’s communications department, to assist with telling the cooperative story and helping produce content targeted at both our internal and external audiences. The intern’s time would be split among social media, video/audio, graphic design and online publishing.
1. Assist social media manager with writing social media posts, scheduling posts on the appropriate social platforms, and developing creative strategies for promoting NRECA content, programs and initiatives.
2. Assist multimedia producers with video production, audio production and photo archive/database needs. This will include helping to edit/produce NRECA’s monthly podcast as well as creating videos for use on social media.
3. Assist graphic design team, with a focus on producing infographics for web and social media.
4. Assist web publishing team with optimizing digital content. This will involve training on our content management systems and assisting with publishing articles as well as developing creative strategies for using alternative story formats.
Requirements and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have completed at least two years of coursework toward a journalism/mass communications/digital media/multimedia degree. Desired qualifications include:
• Knowledge of Associated Press style and experience in journalistic writing.
• Knowledge of social media best practices for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
• Training/experience with Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
• Training/experience with video/audio software programs.
• Training/experience with web publishing.
• Knowledge of SEO best practices.
• Basic copy-editing skills.
Minimum 3.0 GPA
Mandatory Start Date: May 18th
Available May 18 – August 7th
Must be able to provide to letters of recommendation should you be chosen for the internship program
Pay rate $18.50
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!