|Employer||Madison Museum of Contemporary Art|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 26, 2019|
The Director of Communication oversees the museum brand, ensuring all communications are brand aligned and are effective and engaging. This individual oversees museum newsletters, exhibition invitations, development materials, Museum Store marketing, and other printed materials. They plan and implement the museum’s digital communications such as the website, MMoCA Notes, and social media initiatives.
The Director of Communication is responsible for media relations for the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art, including print, broadcast, and electronic media, as well as direct-to-consumer appeals, promotions, and information. This individual initiates and responds to media contacts with the overall objective of promoting a positive image and understanding of the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art and it’s exhibitions and programs.
1. Works with appropriate staff to promote museum offerings, including exhibitions, education programs, events, individual and corporate membership programs, space rental programs, and the Museum Store.
2. Plans, edits, and designs publications, direct-mail and online communications, and paid advertising to inform the museum’s membership and general public about museum offerings.
3. Writes and distributes press releases, media kits, and other communications with reporters and editors to promote editorial coverage of the museum’s and its programs. Initiates, schedules, and supervises media contacts, interviews, and onsite visits.
4. Responsible for newsletters, exhibition and event announcements, brochures, print ads, direct-mail pieces, and marketing emails.
5. Expands the museum’s audience through a robust digital presence.
6. Works with curatorial staff to promote current and upcoming exhibitions, as well as the museum’s permanent collection.
7. Maintains lists of media contacts including newspapers, magazines, television and radio stations, and other outlets to ensure effective dissemination of museum information.
8. Works with graphic designers, printers, and other outside vendors to ensure quality production of printed materials on schedule and within budget.
9. Schedules museum photographer and freelance photographers to document museum events for promotional use.
10. Serves as editorial advisor for staff as needed.
11. Produces signage for museum programs, events, and as relates to the museum experience.
12. Serves on the museum’s Membership and Marketing Committee.
• Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working with websites, social media, and design issues.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferable.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and references to email@example.com or Madison Museum of Contemporary Art, 227 State St., Madison, WI 53703.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!