|Employer||Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||May 18, 2020|
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Donor Relations Manager
The Donor Relations Manager leads Milwaukee Habitat’s major gift and planned giving efforts. You will secure funds for the organization by developing and executing strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors with the capacity to give $1,000 or more annually and/or to make a deferred gift.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
– Work with a caseload of donors currently making major gifts of $1,000+, with special focus on securing $10,000+ donations and planned gifts.
– Create a plan and solicitation goal for each donor, based on the donor’s interests, motivations, giving history and capacity.
– Identify and solicit additional prospects for major and deferred gifts based on giving history, research, and networking.
– Schedule visits with donors who represent the highest giving potential for the organization. Engage management, peers, and volunteers in visits as appropriate.
– Develop and manage a branded planned giving program and offer educational opportunities and materials to donors, prospects, staff and fundraising volunteers.
– Faithfully execute donor touch strategies and recognition plans so donors are informed, thanked, retained and upgraded.
– Create timely reports that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance.
– Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be required, including some evenings and weekends.
– Bachelor’s degree required.
– Minimum 3-5 years of relevant fund development experience.
– Proven track record of success
– Ability to articulate Milwaukee Habitat’s mission and the critical need for safe, decent and affordable housing in Milwaukee to donors, prospects, volunteers and other stakeholders.
– Capable of managing projects, processes, deadlines, and a budget while adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
– Strong personal and written communication skills to clearly and effectively express ideas, along with demonstrated experience making donor visits and giving presentations.
– Possess the ability to network and understand the connections between donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
– Knowledge of planned giving methodologies and legal requirements, including wills, trusts and estate and gift tax laws, deferred giving vehicles, and tax laws related to charitable giving.
– Comfort in researching and analyzing large data sets to uncover major and planned giving prospects.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a high level of ethics, integrity, and initiative.
– Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining positive regard for others.
– Computer literacy with experience in Microsoft Office and fundraising software.
– Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Disability insurance, Retirement plan, PTO, Paid Holidays, ReStore discount
Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity affirms its social and legal commitment to promote an atmosphere and environment that recognizes the principle and practice of equal employment opportunity. Milwaukee Habitat does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status with regards to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission or citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please see: https://www.jobsthathelp.com/job/milwaukee-habitat-for-humanity-milwaukee-wi-donor-relations-manager/