|Employer||Madison Public Library Foundation|
|Contact information||Tracy Phillippi firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Apply by||January 15, 2019|
|Posted on||November 14, 2018|
The Special Events Internship for spring 2019 is now open.
Gain valuable experience in all aspects of event planning for a nonprofit while working with an energetic and talented staff.
Duties of the position would include:
• Researching prospective events
• Assisting staff and event co-chairs with event committee meetings
• Participating in sponsorship solicitations
• Following up on event logistics, such as venue, menus, decorations, and entertainment
• Organizing and tracking event attendees and solicitations
• Working with staff on invitation mailing
• Helping track RSVP’s
• Being on site for all events and assisting with post-event follow-up
• Providing support to the individual giving program as needed
• Applicants should possess strong organization skills, demonstrated proficiency managing detail-oriented tasks, and the ability to communicate effectively.
• Flexible hours; some weekend or evening work will be required.
• If you are a student, qualified candidates will have at least sophomore standing and pursuing a degree in library science, liberal arts, business, nonprofit management or related field. MPLF is located downtown on the bus line. MPLF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Must love Harry Potter!
• $7.25 per hour
• 12-15 hours per week
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Tracy Phillippi, Foundation Manager, email@example.com.
Application Deadline—January 15, 2019.