|Employer||UW Odyssey Project|
|Contact information||Colleen Johnson, Director of Development and Community Partnerships, email@example.com, 608-262-4579|
|Apply by||September 28, 2018|
|Posted on||September 11, 2018|
The UW-Odyssey Project is seeking a motivated, social media savvy student who is interested in helping our mission-driven program to communicate with a growing number of supporters. The intern will work closely with Odyssey’s Director of Development and Community Partnerships to implement a communication strategy that engages supporters and increases program visibility.
The UW-Odyssey Project takes a multi-generational approach to changing the lives of families living near the poverty line. For more than a decade, it has empowered more than 400 low-income adults to find their voices and envision new futures for themselves and their children. Graduates of the program have journeyed from homelessness to UW-Madison graduation ceremonies, from incarceration to meaningful work in the community. To learn more, visit http://odyssey.wisc.edu/.
The External Relations Intern will work collaboratively to accomplish the following:
• Develop and oversee execution of a schedule of social media, blog and newsletter updates
• Moderate and maintain the program’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts
• Write content and coordinate with Odyssey staff, Divisional communications staff, and volunteers who each contribute content
• Assist with implementation of communications strategies for special events, fundraising, and awareness-building campaigns
• Research strategies for growing Odyssey’s engagement and supporter base through social media, website, email, direct mail, and other means
• Connect with related, local organizations through social media to increase visibility
• An interest in promoting the mission of UW Odyssey Project
• Experience or course work related to journalism, writing, communications, marketing, English, or related fields
• Highly developed written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Self-directed, team player
• Experience and/or interest in working with diverse communities
Hours and Compensation:
The External Relations Intern is expected to work between 5-10 hours/week. Compensation is $11/hr. Odyssey offers flexible scheduling.
To apply, please send an email with your resume and cover letter to Colleen Johnson, Director of Development and Community Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline – September 28, 2018.