|Employer||Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Exploitation|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 7, 2019|
Function: Reporting to the Communications Manager and serving as an integral member of the administrative team at CAASE, the Communications Associate serves to create and execute strategic communications in support of CAASE’s mission to end sexual harm. The position has primary responsibility for managing digital channels to increase public and potential client awareness of and support for CAASE programs and services.
● Create and execute a strategy to build social media following and engagement through creative campaigns and content curation.
● Manage social media while monitoring performance and reporting (primarily Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram)
● Keep online platforms, including CAASE’s website, updated and relevant.
● Serve as a primary copywriter for external communications of CAASE, including emails, monthly e-newsletter, press releases, media alerts, website information, reports, print collateral, and fundraising and presentation materials.
● Assist with the production of CAASE brand collateral including brochures, program highlights, infographics, and event flyers.
● Manage CAASE archives including photo library, media appearances, and published pieces.
● Cover CAASE events on location by taking notes, pictures, and writing recaps.
● Assess and recommend enhancements and technical and design needs to CAASE’s website.
● Assist the Communications Manager with website maintenance, research, special projects, and administrative tasks.
● Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
● 2+ years experience in building a social media following with established knowledge of current best practices and engagement analytics tools.
● Strong writing skills with experience in journalism, blogging or writing letters to the editor.
Ideal Additional Experience:
● Experience in covering events and writing news stories, blurbs, and promos.
● Working knowledge of WordPress.
● Graphic design experience, especially in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
● Photography skills.
● Experience with Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive.
● SEO experience.
● Ability to distill complex information in a way that’s accessible to all and motivating to many.
● Regular news consumer.
● Ability to multitask and stay organized while working on several projects.
● Reliable and professional.
● Passionate about both communications and ending sexual harm.
● Friendly and open, able to engage with diverse groups of people.
Status: Full time, non-exempt. Reports to: Communications Manager
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, send a substantive cover letter, resume, writing sample (1,000 words max), and two additional examples of your work – such as social media posts, blog posts, articles, photography, or websites – via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to CAASE, ATTN: HR 307 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 1818, Chicago, IL 60601. No phone calls, please.
Salary and Benefits: CAASE provides a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, and paid time off. Salary mid-forties, negotiable depending on experience.
Organization Values: CAASE is a feminist organization, committed to ending all forms of sexual exploitation including specifically sexual assault and prostitution. CAASE is opposed to all forms and manifestations of inequality, including but not limited to those based on race, sexual orientation, and gender. CAASE does not discriminate against job applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, age, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military services. CAASE supports a person’s full access to reproductive health information and services.