|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||May 21, 2020|
Are you passionate about music and the community? Do you want to lead a team of sellers to victory? Entercom Madison has an immediate opening for an experienced General Sales Manager to oversee our team of sellers who sell our three radio stations, our large portfolio of digital assets, including RADIO.COM, the fastest growing digital audio app in the country with 68 million users and growing.
We’re looking for a competitive, creative and make it happen sales leader with strong experience in broadcast, sponsorship sales, onsite, experiential, digital and podcasting platforms. Entercom Madison is a trusted and proven marketing partner, creating custom campaigns and iconic events with deep fan engagement and community resonance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for exceeding sales revenue goals for the Madison market.
• Develop, renew, solidify and maintain strong relationships with clients, prospects & agencies to grow our sponsorship client base.
• Recruit, motivate and train dedicated sellers specializing in over the air and digital sales.
• Effectively manage stations and assets by adhering to policies regarding pricing, inventory, management, merchandising, commercial content, competitive product protection, etc.
• Maintain client relationships, helping our sales account executives be trusted partners in the community.
• Monitor competition and trends in market.
• Recognize opportunity on a both a local and regional level to help grow revenue.
• Coach and lead the sales team to success by leaning in, providing support and removing the obstacles that might exist.
• Other duties as assigned; this position reports directly to the Station Manager & Director of Sales.
• 3+ years previous sales management experience required with a strong background in strategic account management and proven ability to generate concept driven business not tied to ratings/efficiencies.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and, if a personal vehicle is required, insurance.
• 4 year degree preferred.
• BS/BA Degree Preferred
If chosen, you will lead a team of dedicated sales staff that sells RADIO.COM-the fastest growing digital audio app in the country, along with three of the most endeared live and local radio stations in Madison, along with a large portfolio of digital assets! You will work alongside a team of passionate management colleagues and within a veteran sales organization committed to marketing excellence and unwavering customer service. At your disposal will be client-friendly personalities, leading-edge software, creative services, digital marketing support, seller training modules and comprehensive market research tools; in short, everything you and your sellers need to be successful. Best of all, you’ll receive best-of-breed training, incentives and benefits from Entercom Communications, America’s second largest radio broadcaster and the nation’s unrivaled leader in sports radio.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Valid state driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle required.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 170 million people each month through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).