|Employer||COA Youth & Family Centers|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||July 24, 2019|
Join an exciting and dynamic Fund Development team! This position is responsible for the writing and administration of the agency’s grants and communications, research of funding sources, preparation of proposals, final reports, and tracking progress of the entire process from start to finish. It also participates in overall development planning and fundraising/marketing objectives. It is a year-round, full-time position eligible for benefits.
Main Job Responsibilities
– Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of COA’s mission, programs, target population and strategic vision. Use this information to better prepare grants and other written communications.
– Coordinate with the program staff to write grant proposals/narratives and to develop evaluation tools and summarize evaluation data.
– Prepare and submit all reports (including required back-up documentation) as required by each grantor in a timely manner.
– Track deliverables, working with program staff to ensure grant deadlines and obligations are met.
– Research, identify and reach viable new sources of government, corporate and foundation support.
– Contribute to improve the departmental grants management and archiving system.
– Serve as a staff writer for fund-raising and marketing materials such as the Annual Report, newsletters, press releases, case statements, blog posts, etc.
– Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing grantors by ensuring timely and appropriate communication between the grantor and the Development Director.
– Develop content for multiple social media channels/website as needed.
– Provide support for all development department functions and general office support as needed.
– Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related field and/or three years’ experience in a development office.
– Minimum of one year’s experience of the grant application process and the writing of applications.
– High proficiency with general computer software as well as with at least one database system.
– Experience in a diverse, youth-work setting preferred.
– Proven ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form.
– Meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational/prioritization skills, and proven ability to work well under pressure.
How to Apply: https://www.jobsthathelp.com/job/coa-youth-family-centers-milwaukee-wi-grants-and-communications-coordinator/