|Employer||Wisconsin Public Television|
|Apply by||October 13, 2018|
|Posted on||September 13, 2018|
Support the grants management activities of Wisconsin Public Television.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research grant sources (private and government) compatible with Wisconsin Public Television’s mission, values, and programs in support of WPT’s strategic and program goals.
• Oversee grant submission process with assistance from Grants Manager—coordinate the development of grant requests by establishing timelines, collect grant submission materials from colleagues in other departments.
• Assist in developing grant-formatted budgets in conjunction with relevant WPT staff.
• Copy, collate, package mail final grant materials per grant instructions.
• Contribute to reporting requirements associated with grants and other needs for proof of performance.
• Assist with station-wide evaluation and assessment activities.
• Organize paper and digital grant files. Create a digital archive of past WPT grant submissions.
• Must have demonstrated writing skills, ideally familiarity with A.P. style.
• Must be available at least 10 hours per week and may work as many as 15 hours per week. Hours per day and days per week are flexible based on class schedule and availability.
• Must be available to begin late October 2018. The hope is that it will grow into a multi-year opportunity for the right candidate.
• Ideal candidate demonstrates strategic thinking, teamwork mentality, emotional intelligence, ambition/passion, reliability, self–motivation, and willingness to try new things/improve.
• Some knowledge of philanthropy and public media is helpful.
• Interest or experience with evaluation and data visualization is a strong plus.
What You Get:
• Experience working in non-profit management.
• Training and experience with grant writing and evaluation—great skills for careers in non-profits, education, academia, etc.!
• An introduction to best practices in the field of development.
• Working relationship with award-winning professional team of television producers and journalists.
• $12.00 per hour starting wage.
This position is to be filled by October 26, 2018.
Contact WPT’s Grants Manager Kira Story by sending resume and cover letter to Kira.firstname.lastname@example.org.