|Employer||UW-Madison, Division of University Housing|
|Apply by||February 23, 2018|
|Posted on||February 12, 2018|
The Graphic Design Assistant provides design services to the Marketing department in University Housing, creating a wide range of print and digital materials for our audiences. Marketing serves as the communications leader and in-house creative agency for University Housing, working with the Division’s various departments. The Graphic Design Assistant represents University Housing by designing and producing visual materials that promote our services while staying consistent with our brand standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Division of University Housing is committed to demonstrating our Core Values: Care in how we approach people and our work; Creativity in solving problems; Integrity in our interactions with staff and customers; Optimism, focusing on opportunities and positive outcomes; Respect for the differences, strengths, and potential in people; Stewardship of human, financial and natural resources; and Excellence in customer satisfaction and communication.
- Collaborate with marketing staff on creative approaches for promotions, advertising strategies and social media campaigns to effectively reach many different audiences (UW students, high school students, parents, faculty/staff, conference guests, alumni, etc.), with a focus on graphic design.
- Advise internal clients with campaign concepts, creative proposals, and design recommendations.
- Produce layout files for print and digital communications.
- Create and edit graphic files, including illustrations and photos.
- Manage monthly newsletter to Housing staff.
- Perform administrative services, such as print ordering, word processing, proofreading, fact checking, preparing packets for distribution, and other clerical work.
- Contribute with other media as opportunities arise, including posting of website content and social media campaigns, photography, video scripts, and other items.
- Occasional project work related to planning and staffing special events.
- Additional summer-specific work may include:
- Creation of fall move-in print materials and signage, creation of student employment recruitment materials, creation of hall assignment notification emails, updating of summer conference materials, creation of materials for SOAR, content reviews of the Housing website for the upcoming academic year, assisting with photography/video projects for summer conference groups or fall move-in, and other larger scale projects.
- Possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Familiarity with principles of design and marketing.
- Hands-on experience using desktop publishing software, preferably Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Hands-on experience using Microsoft Office (particularly Word and PowerPoint) and Adobe Dreamweaver (or HTML) may also be useful.
- Willingness to try new things and problem-solve to resolve any issues that arise.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within deadlines.
- Attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- Enthusiasm for the University of Wisconsin–Madison and ability to promote the benefits of living on campus in University Housing.
To apply, go to https://services.housing.wisc.edu/hrapp and submit your online application, including: resume, cover letter, supplemental questions.