|Employer||UW-Madison, Language Institute|
|Contact information||Jana Martin - email@example.com|
|Apply by||August 23, 2019|
|Posted on||August 9, 2019|
Graphic Design Internship 2019-2020
The Language Institute seeks an undergraduate intern to help us tell the world how great languages are. Help us develop our communications strategy and brand identity across a wide range of visual media.
• Design, produce, and distribute original digital and print promotional materials
• Create and implement marketing campaigns to increase awareness of language programs, services, resources, and the value of language study
• Work collaboratively to maintain and improve Language Institute’s digital presence
• Assist with languages.wisc.edu website and other websites
• Current UW-Madison undergraduate student
• Graphic design experience using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Ability to use design skills to develop creative and innovative marketing materials aligned with brand
• Previous marketing experience
• Detail-oriented, flexible, creative, and collaborative
• A willingness to learn new skills and technologies
• Interest in international/area studies and languages other than English
• Web development experience (WordPress and/or HTML)
• Multimedia production experience
• Social media management and analytics experience in an organizational setting
• Photography experience
• To develop knowledge of the design process in a student services office at a higher education institution.
• To engage in discussions around user experience and communication design.
• To expand skills in brand management and communications through the creation of graphics for a variety of digital and print media.
Hours, Compensation, and Logistics
• 10-12 hours a week is expected, flexible schedule with infrequent evening or weekend work
• Compensation: $11.00/Hour
• Student has the option to enroll in INTER LS 260 or similar internship course in another school/college during fall semester. This course is encouraged, but not required.
• Internship will begin at the end of August and last through the entire 2019-20 academic year.
Application and Interview Process
• Submit the following in one zip file by 12:00 pm CST on Friday August 23, 2019 to Jana Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Graphic Design Internship” in the subject:
o Two graphic design pieces from your portfolio
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is an international leader in world language education and research, offering instruction in dozens of modern and ancient languages. UW-Madison is home to internationally prominent departments of languages, literatures and cultures, prestigious area studies centers, intensive summer programs in many less commonly taught languages, and the Russian and South Asian Flagship programs. Students at UW-Madison can apply to over 200 study abroad programs in almost every continent of the world. Drawing on the wealth of these departments, centers, and programs, the Language Institute promotes collaboration for research, education and community outreach in languages, literatures, and cultures. Learn more at languageinstitute.wisc.edu and languages.wisc.edu.
Please contact Jana Martin at email@example.com with any questions regarding the position or application process.