|Employer||UW-Madison Campus and Visitor Relations|
|Apply by||July 15, 2018|
|Posted on||July 9, 2018|
Information Guides work to provide a positive first impression of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and help people access the information and resources they need by being an enthusiastic and informative ambassador of the university.
Typical Information Guide responsibilities include:
• Assisting in-person guests at our four locations: Union South, Memorial Union, Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery Town Center, and One Alumni Place/Alumni Park.
• Providing information and referral services over the phone.
• Responding to inquiries and promoting resources via our online Ask Bucky e-mail and chat service.
• Providing staffing support for the Wisconsin Ambassador Program by participating in campus and community events including engaging with K-8 students across the state through CAVR outreach programs, attending Speakers’ Bureau events, speaking at UW-Madison sponsored functions and attending community-based organization activities.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
• Good academic standing in accordance with UW-Madison.
• Understanding of and appreciation for the diversity on campus as it applies to identity, thought, and experience for our students, visitors, and members of our university community.
• Knowledge of and willingness to learn about academics, services, activities, cultures, etc. at UW-Madison.
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Reliability, punctuality, and dependability.
• Excitement and pride for UW-Madison.
Hours and Availability:
Information Guides work pre-set weekday, evening, and weekend hours, including one evening staff meeting per month. Information Guides typically work between 7-12 hours per week during the academic year and 15-25 hours per week in the summer. Work shifts occur during our desk hours of 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
We ask all selected Information Guides to:
• Attend a new guide kick-off meeting on Monday, August 13th or reschedule if needed.
• Attend mandatory staff training sessions the week of August 20th which includes some evening hours.
• Commit to the position for at least 3 semesters.
• Work two to three UW home football games in the fall semesters.
• Maintain availability to work 12 days over one or more academic breaks (e.g Winter and Spring) each year on staff.
• Communicate about scheduling needs in advance so we can help support your work life balance.
Click here to apply online.
Application deadline is July 15, 2018.