|Employer||Office of the Governor Tony Evers|
|Apply by||May 10, 2019|
|Posted on||March 27, 2019|
We are looking for energetic, responsible, and passionate individuals to join our office. In this position, you will be an integral part of our office helping in either the constituent services, proclamations, appointments, policy, communications or legislative affairs department. It is essential that applicants to this position have strong communication skills, demonstrate maturity and responsibility, and understand the importance of attention to detail.
General Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer phone inquiries, direct calls, and enter each phone call into our office database
• Perform clerical duties, maintain files, and organize documents; photocopy, fax, etc. as needed
• Assist in preparing information and materials
• Research and gather documentation on the Governor’s position on issues
• Shadow multiple office positions and train in a variety of tasks
Intern Requirements and Qualifications:
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-directed and able to work without supervision
• Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential material in a responsible and respectful manner Benefits
• Gain knowledge of the Governor’s Office
• Opportunity to work with top officials in the political field
• Gain experience learning how both a professional and a political office functions
• Opportunities for professional development and networking
All interested applicants can submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample here.
Application Deadline—May 10, 2019.