|Employer||Office of State Rep David Crowley|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||August 28, 2019|
Our office is currently seeking interns for the upcoming (Fall) semester. Rep. Crowley represents Milwaukee’s 17th District is currently the Chair of the Milwaukee Legislative Caucus, the Legislative Black Caucus, and Co-Chair of the Black and Latino Caucus.
Interns will assist our office by entering data, answering phones, conducting legislative research in a variety of policy specific areas, becoming familiar with and analyzing legislative proposals and monitoring the day-to-day issues affecting Wisconsin. Strong written communication skills, analytical ability, and knowledge of, or willingness to learn, progressive issues are encouraged.
We seek individuals with strong belief in public service, civil rights, and making Wisconsin a better place for all. Hours are flexible – please call our office (608-237-9406) if you have any questions.
To apply, answer the following questions and send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Timothy Schabo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!
Please answer the following questions and send them with your application materials.
1. How many hours per week would you be able to intern?
2. What days/times?
3. What would be your start and end date of the internship?
4. Are you interested in interning beyond one semester?
Projects & Interests:
1. Do you identify yourself with a particular political party?
2. Why would you be a good fit for Representative Crowley’s office?
3. What do you know about Milwaukee and/or the 17th Assembly District?
4. What tasks are you most interested in focusing on during your internship?
5. What issues areas are you most interested in working?
6. How much experience do you have with computers? (Excel, Access, Word, Mail merges, etc.)
7. Have you had volunteer or intern experience in any governmental or political offices? If so, in what capacity?
8. Have you had any office work experience?
9. Have you had any customer service experience?
10. What is your year/major?
11. What do you see yourself doing in 5-10 years?
12. What current news from Wisconsin have you read or heard about that has interested you?
13. What do you do for fun?
14. Any other information you would like considered?