|Employer||Special Olympics Wisconsin|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||September 27, 2019|
Special Olympics Wisconsin is currently accepting resumes for a Marketing/Communications Intern to work 10-20 hours per week to help Special Olympics Wisconsin’s marketing and communications team in its efforts to increase the public’s awareness of Special Olympics Wisconsin athletes’ capabilities and needs, and market its many large-scale sporting events and fundraisers. By joining this small team, you’d have the rare opportunity to gain extensive hands-on experience learning many facets of marketing and communications that are relevant to today’s sports environment, non-profit environment, and much more. This position is responsible for assisting with marketing and communications to staff, athletes, families, volunteers, donors and communities across Wisconsin.
Projects may be related to:
• Content development: assistance with various e-newsletters, targeted e-marketing, website content, video development, maintenance of an editorial calendar
• Event marketing: assistance in planning, logistics, information sheets, event banners, day-of support for sporting or fundraising events around Wisconsin
• Media relations: assistance with news releases, media advisories, media pitches
• Advertising & promotions: assistance with writing, editing and designing deliverables
• Social media: assistance in developing and posting content for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Measurement: assistance in the analysis of data to report measures of success; experience with Google Analytics a plus
• Performing administrative duties as needed
This is an unpaid internship that is located at Special Olympics Wisconsin’s state office on Madison’s east side. Your own transportation to the office is required. There are occasional opportunities to attend Special Olympics Wisconsin events around the state. Transportation would be provided for these opportunities. If your school allows for an internship credit, Special Olympics Wisconsin will work with you to provide support for that credit.
Please submit your resume, cover letter (include number of hours you would be available per week) and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!