|Employer||WWMV-LP Radio, 95.5 FM|
|Apply by||October 13, 2018|
|Posted on||September 13, 2018|
The Marketing and Promotions Internship is an opportunity for college students interested in marketing to sharpen their skills and build their resume. Interns will curate and create content and maintain social media and web accounts for WWMV-LP, 95.5FM, Madison’s newest community radio station. By creating dynamic social media posts, web updates and content, blog posts, email marketing campaigns, radio contests, and more, interns will help interweave our community and the many voices that compose it.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Update and maintain website (wwmvlp.org)
• Manage social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
• Create web content including social media posts, and blog posts
• Interface with LCEC staff and community
• Meet with Radio Station Manager Regularly
• 10 hours a week per semester, 5 hours a week for summer
• 50% of the time on site
• Year-long preferred, summer or semester-long welcome
Desired Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to work independently
• Strong media writing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
School Credit (academic year):
• UW- Madison: Earn up to 3 Independent Study or Directed Study credits through the Journalism and Communications Departments
• Edgewood: Earn 3 or 4 Independent Study credits hours through the Communications Department.
For more information about the application process, contact Corey Whitmore, Radio Station Manager, 608-833-4979 ext 204; or email@example.com.