|Employer||St. Joan Antida High School|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||May 21, 2020|
As a member of the development team and reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for executing a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that promotes the vision and mission of St. Joan Antida High School (SJA) to internal and external audiences, providing direct support to the Admissions and Development departments. Specifically, the Marketing Communications Specialist will oversee creative design for the school including; marketing, recruitment, development, and academic departments. The MCS will serve as the primary content creator for internal and external print and electronic communications, ensuring all collateral consistently follows brand standards, manage marketing campaigns (including social media platforms) and oversees the school website. Working in collaboration with the President, Director of Admissions and Enrollment, and Chief Development Officer, the Marketing Communications Specialist also works on media messaging and creation. Functions as a one-person unit providing agency support to all other functional areas.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing & Design Work (50%):
– Manage current marketing campaigns, working closely with both the campaign vendor and the CDO in monitoring effectiveness and success of campaign.
– Manage updates to school website, ensuring new and consistent information is posted regularly. Will work to ensure website is consistently meeting Search Engine Optimization (SEO) standards. Write content and make the site responsive to technology-savvy public, potential students and donors. Manages the school/events calendar for website.
– Assist with management of school’s social media platforms, ensuring content is created and posted regularly. Will create an annual social media calendar, with scheduled postings and advertisements.
– Analyze marketing data collected regularly from website, social media, and online advertisements. Provide regular progress reports and recommendations to both the Admissions and Development departments to aid Leadership Team in determining marketing decisions.
– Increase SJA followers, likes, and overall school presence on social media platforms.
– Maintain a brand identity guide for the organization and helps ensure brand standards are followed for all internal and external materials.
– Serves as Project Manager, overseeing the creation of school marketing/advertising materials, including annual report, newsletters, brochures, flyers, posters, invitations, specialty pieces, billboards, print and electronic advertisements, signage, outdoor banners, donor kits, proposals, etc. This includes annual updated School materials; forms, applications, templates, donor kits, fact sheets, awards, t-shirts, etc.
– Edit all published content from admissions and development.
– Serve as the lead for designing and producing videos, images, advertisements and other digital marketing efforts.
– Create print ads, radio spots and other creative content for advertising needs.
– Help coordinate photography of key events and daily activities throughout the school year for use in publications, on website and on social media platforms.
– Works with Development team to ensure special event recognition and levels of sponsorship acknowledgement is carried out.
– Manages relationships with outside marketing-related vendors or contacts (designers, printers, etc.) for agency.
– Stays current on emerging graphic technologies and marketing design trends.
– Draft copy and coordinate production as project manager for school’s primary communications, including The Joanette Newsletter, annual report, and monthly eNewsletter.
– Manage mass email correspondence to internal lists and external constituent groups. Works with Admissions and Development departments to create a quarterly e-Communications calendar.
– Manages consistent messaging, language internally to provide consistency and a uniformity for SJA.
– Collaborate with Associate Director of Development to create copy and design work for special event collateral (Auction, NUN RUN, Spaghetti with the Sisters), select donor appeal pieces and other printed communications.
– Collaborate with Director of Admissions and Enrollment to create copy and design work for admissions event and recruitment pieces.
– Assists school leadership in building non-traditional marketing strategies to increase brand awareness in the Milwaukee community in addition to generating student enrollment leads.
– Assist in creating materials used for development proposals, presentation materials and reports.
– Create, coordinate and post all agency social media to support recruitment, event, and program campaigns.
– Work with CDO and President to develop media contacts to assist with sharing SJA story.
– Assist with creation and distribution of press releases and media alerts.
– Monitor and track media coverage and social media activity about SJA (outside of SJA’s social media platforms).
– Plans print production calendar to strategize/maximize cost-saving opportunities.
– Coordinates printing and mailing services for all direct mail and large printing projects.
– Works with development and admissions departments to create school-wide e-Communications and social media calendar. Manages process for regular (approximately quarterly) exposure.
This position will serve as an SJA staff member on the Marketing Committee (of the SJA Board of Directors) and will be responsible for taking accurate and timely Marketing Committee meeting minutes.
– A Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, communications or a related field from an accredited college/university is required.
– A minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in marketing, public relations, special events or communications role.
– Qualified candidates will have exceptional oral and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external school constituents and community members through all forms of written, digital and personal speech methods.
– Must be able to work well independently as well as a valued team player. It is critical this individual be highly organized with an attention to detail and ability to thrive in an environment with a focus on continuous improvement and a sense of urgency.
– Excellent technical skills and proficiency in current graphic design and Microsoft Office software including Publisher, InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, Word, Power Point, Excel, and PowerPoint.
– Familiar with pre-press needs, postal regulations and able to communicate with printing professionals in order to reduce costs.
– Proven success in producing radio and television PSAs, developing PowerPoint presentations and large format print applications such as billboards, banners, etc.
– Experience working on digital marketing campaigns; knowledgeable of social media platforms.
– Strong communication skills with the ability to manage across departments with staff members in a variety of roles on the organizational chart. Able to help staff strategize printing projects that support agency objectives and project/program outcomes.
– Knowledge of photography; familiar with stock photography and guidelines.
– Enjoys the challenge of working on projects with limited budgets.
– Candidate will be well-organized, detail and goal oriented, highly motivated, and possess the ability to handle varied projects and meet all deadlines.
– Confidentiality of all information is both an expectation and a firm requirement.
– Experience in a non-profit organization or in an advertising/PR agency setting is preferred.
– Experience working with developing and maintaining a website.
– Experience working on digital marketing campaigns.
– Graphic design background and ability.
For All Employees:
– Support of and commitment to the mission and vision of SJA.
– Contribution to discussions and ideas impacting the learning environment at SJA while maintaining professionalism and respect.
– Collaborate and communicate in an appropriate, timely, professional manner.
– Establish and model behaviors that promote high expectations for students, staff, and faculty.
– Model the importance of lifelong learning through commitment to ongoing professional development.
– Develop, nurture and maintain relationships that promote respect and success for all.
– Know, serve and live in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic faith.
– Abide by all policies, procedures and the employee handbook.
– Demonstrate stewardship in the use of material and financial resources.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Ability to work some evenings and weekends as well as attend early morning meetings outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
– Must be able to tolerate noise.
– Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
– Must have correctable hearing and sight.
– Must be able to work independently.
– Must be able to work with all common office equipment.
To apply, please visit: https://www.jobsthathelp.com/job/st-joan-antida-high-school-milwaukee-wi-marketing-communications-specialist/