|Employer||PEARLS for Teen Girls, Inc.|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||June 12, 2020|
Mission: PEARLS for Teen Girls is improving quality of life and strengthening our community one girl at a time by empowering young women with self-development tools, guidance and support to strive for better, brighter futures by living out the PEARLS values:
Personal Responsibility | Empathy | Awareness | Respect | Leadership | Support
Position Title: Marketing & Communications Specialist
Reporting Relationship: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time
Position Overview: Reporting to Director of Development, the Marketing & Communications Specialist will recommend and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate PEARLS for Teen Girls’ mission. This person works in collaboration with PEARLS’ leadership team, committees and Board members to craft the PEARLS’ marketing and communications strategy and ensure that it is aligned with annual goals and objectives.
– Assist in marketing and communications plan preparation, including budget and short and long- – term strategy.
Develop, recommend, and implement annual marketing plan and editorial calendar across all constituencies and communications channels, including measurable goals and objectives.
– Create and maintain consistent organization brand/image voice cross product lines, events, and promotional materials, and throughout PEARLS departments.
– Lead development of all collateral materials including videos, brochures, annual reports and general communications pieces.
– Work in partnership with Director of Program Services on program recruitment and retention communications strategies.
– Establish framework for crisis communications.
– Keep PEARLS website current and provide fresh content to maximize user experience.
– Responsible for all organization interactions on the social media, including responding to messages, creating messages, and uploading photos. Managing schedules with consistent messaging.
– Apply various social media tactics in creating brand awareness and generating inbound traffic that strengthens PEARLS’ social media presence.
– Apply various digital analytics and media tracking tools to generate reports on progress of work on the social media.
– Put in place measures for recording success in marketing and communication efforts; gather result data and produce reports for the management team.
– Write, submit and follow-up to ensure placement on press releases and stories to established contacts with local and regional media. Source and nurture all media contacts.
– Staff Marketing and Communications Committee of the Board.
– Working knowledge of platforms utilized by PEARLS including: Squarespace, Canva, Mailchimp, and Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn.
– Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite appreciated.
– Assist the Executive Director and Director of Development in other fundraising programs as necessary.
Qualification Requirements / ADA
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field. A minimum of three years experience in marketing and/or communications.
– Strong writing and editing skills.
– Strong project management and communication skills, and a successful track record of managing multiple projects concurrently.
– Maintain strong attention to detail, execution and follow-through of those details.
– An entrepreneurial approach; a strong ability to conceive of and implement new initiatives and systems and utilize the power of low-cost resources such as e-mail and social media marketing platforms.
– Ability to take initiative and problem solve, with little direction.
– Proactive thinker, able to anticipate needs and opportunities.
– Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with multiple constituent groups including staff, Board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, vendors, and others.
– Ability to network, represent the organization and present to individuals/groups in the community.
– Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
– Ability to analyze data and recommend solutions/improvements.
– Resourceful, able to manage budget cost-effectively and efficiently.
– Good organization skills, timely and prompt.
– Language Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure guidelines and fiscal reporting requirements. Ability to generate reports for use by others. Ability to speak effectively before groups of youths, adults, and community professionals.
Ability to perform basic high school mathematical operations. Ability to complete financial reports, including budgeting/revenue planning, billing procedures and budget maintenance.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality. Ability to work with non-judgmental attitude in a population that is diverse in gender, socio-economic level, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and physical or mental abilities. Ability to work within the parameters of the program and be able to work in an environment where there is frequent exposure to stressful/critical situations. Ability to use standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or touch object, and to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee may be required to work in outside environments, occasionally during periods of inclement weather. The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulders; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply, please visit: https://www.jobsthathelp.com/job/pearls-for-teen-girls-inc-milwaukee-marketing-communications-specialist/