|Employer||Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Contact information||Kevin Roberts Human Resources Generalist (608) 267-7297 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Apply by||October 27, 2019|
|Posted on||September 27, 2019|
The Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) is recruiting for a Marketing & Communications Specialist to fill a Limited Term Employment opportunity at our Central Office location in Madison. WDVA’s Central Office is located on Rimrock Road, conveniently off of the Beltline just five minutes from Downtown.
This position will perform duties related to the communications and graphic design needs of the department. The incumbent will assist in supporting WDVA’s veterans’ homes, cemeteries, Central Office, Claims Office, and Veterans Museum as needed in print, digital, and multi-media capacities.
Duties include creating marketing materials and graphics, editing photos and videos, compiling audio clips, and managing WDVA social media. The incumbent will also assist the Public Affairs Department with collecting and creating veteran-focused stories and coordinating events.
• The work this position performs is primarily in a computerized office environment.
• Due to the nature of this position, a background check is required prior to an offer of employment.
• Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States (i.e., a citizen or national of the U.S., a lawful resident, an alien authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship) at the time of application.
• Limited term employees, are not civil service classified positions, do not have any rights to permanent civil service classified positions, and do not lead to permanent status.
• Some travel may be required.
Minimally-qualified applicants will have training or experience using: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator); and Video editing software (e.g. Abode Premiere and After Effects, etc.)
Well-qualified applicants will also have experience: Coordinating events
To be considered for this position, email your resume and letter of interest outlining your experiences related to the criteria listed above to: Kevin Roberts at email@example.com. Click here for more information.
Application Deadline—October 27, 2019.