|Employer||Renaissance Theaterworks, Inc|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||August 7, 2019|
Renaissance Theaterworks’ Marketing Director leads all external communications and brand management with an emphasis on direct marketing, public relations and social media in support of our annual revenue goals. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for the arts and experience in communications, advertising, public relations and/or marketing.
Come be a part of a tight knit, dynamic team! You will have the opportunity to shape your position in service to a unique mission. Build your career and your skill-set with a company that is poised for growth.
The Marketing Director is responsible for managing all aspects of strategic marketing and public relations including continuity of brand image, advertising, promotions, community relations, digital and social media marketing, creative development of all communications and materials, and database/CRM marketing. The position reports to the Managing Director and participates in an annual review.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and implement strategic marketing plan including subscription and single ticket sales strategies & branding strategies
• Coordinate content, design, printing and mailing of company publications and content and design of website, social media accounts, and email newsletter
• Create or coordinate graphic design of brochures, postcards, invitations, & other printed material
• Market non-mainstage events including Br!NK & special events
• Cultivate and maintain media relations
• Write and submit press releases to local and national media
• Coordinate advertising placement and production
• Manage content and production of front-of-house displays
• Maintain ticket database and analyze patron activity
• Monitor sales and project earned revenue throughout the season
• Manage box office activities, audience relations & cultivation
• Manage special event planning and collateral – chocolates, speakers, events
• Coordinate subscription sales with Managing Director
• Coordinate outreach with Development Manager & Artistic Director
• Manage Ticketing database input and maintenance
• Participate in staff meetings
• Attend board meetings & create marketing reports
• Attend and guide marketing and event committee meetings
• Excellent writing skills, preferably with experience in crafting successful marketing content and strategies, reports and other communications
• Ability to be flexible and take initiative, to adapt to last-minute changes, contribute independently and as part of a team, manage multiple schedules and deadlines, and maintain confidentiality
• Strong self-starting, organizing, prioritizing and time management skills
• Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
• Willingness to serve as a public and internal representative of Renaissance Theaterworks, with the ability to build rapport with local media, community partners and stakeholders
• Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in social media posting, word processing, spreadsheet programs and familiarity with graphic design, website and database programs
Education and Experience:
• Associate or bachelor’s degree in communications (or similar).
• Minimum 1-year marketing experience with a non-profit organization is preferred, but not required.
• Computer literacy in common Microsoft-type applications (Word, Excel, file sharing, etc) and a familiarity with relationship management databases. Photoshop or similar skills a plus. (Specific experience in Tessitura would be a bonus.)
Compensation, Timetable and Procedure:
The Marketing Director is a full-time employee, but RTW would consider part-time, based on the right candidate’s ability to manage independent contracts. Compensation including salary and benefits will be competitive for an organization of RTW’s size. RTW is an equal opportunity employer.
RTW is committed maintaining an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion. We want our staff and programming to reflect the rich culture and diversity of our city and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Founded in 1993, Renaissance Theaterworks (RTW) is the nation’s second-oldest professional theater company with a commitment to gender equality. Located in Milwaukee’s historic Third Ward, RTW produces three shows each season plus the Br!NK New Play Festival.
Click here to apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!