|Employer||Girl Scouts of Wisconsin- Badgerland|
|Location||Madison, Janesville, or La Crosse, WI|
|Contact information||Kathy Busse (email@example.com) or Jade Morschauser (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||February 5, 2020|
The Marketing & Events Specialist will help develop and execute marketing plans to reach targeted stakeholders with a specific eye toward external audiences. This position will deploy initiatives aligned with the strategic priorities. Tasks include taking the lead to organize and manage events, writing and developing marketing content, identifying exciting new ways to tell our story, pinpointing new audiences and opportunities to build visibility and awareness by positioning Badgerland Girl Scouts as the expert on girls.
The focus of this position is to connect with key people, within Badgerland and externally, to complete projects successfully. The Marketing & Events Specialist will be empowered to make decisions and embrace responsibility in order to complete deadline-driven tasks that are executed with high quality and excellent organization. The responsibilities are broad in scope and will encompass a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities. The Marketing & Events Specialist plays an essential role in supporting in building the Girl Scout brand visibility council-wide.
• Plan, produce and oversee multiple events annually
• Develop evergreen and dynamic content for all Badgerland channels
• Help produce marketing collateral
• Manage council marketing inventory and develop check-out and usage processes
• Represent Badgerland at specific functions and community events to build the brand
• Assist with public relations and media outreach by identifying and pitching stories and development targeted news releases throughout the jurisdiction
• Assist with social media efforts
• Will be tasked to take the lead on dedicated events and projects
Marketing & Events Project Specialties:
• Girl Scouts Advocacy Day
• Girl Scouts Awards Ceremony
• Girl Scouts Annual Meeting and Adult Volunteer Celebration
• Badgerland Bridging
• G.I.R.L. 2020 Convention
• Membership Marketing – Collaboration with New Membership to include collateral development and initiatives to support growth including seasonal campaigns such as Daisy Days
• Badgerland Friends Marketing and Collateral
• Fund Development Collateral
• Public Relations and Media Relations
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor or Associate degree Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field. Other combinations of education with relevant experience that demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position will be considered.
• Incisive and lively communicator
• Experience developing and producing meetings and events
• Task-focused with ability to create disciplined and effective processes
• Must be able to craft messages for different audiences while maintaining brand integrity
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
Anticipated Time Away from Office:
-Must be able to occasionally work irregular hours, including nights and weekends; possess a valid Driver’s License; must be able to work both in an office setting and independently off-site.
-Travels throughout jurisdiction 10% of working time.