|Employer||Wisconsin Historical Society Press|
|Apply by||January 1, 2019|
|Posted on||November 29, 2018|
The Wisconsin Historical Society Press is seeking a part-time unpaid intern to serve as a Marketing Assistant. This position provides an exciting introduction to the business of publishing and great preparation for a variety of communications, marketing, sales and research jobs.
We are currently seeking an intern for spring 2019. Internships are unpaid, but course credit may be possible. If you want to earn credit for an internship, see an appropriate faculty member in your department and ask them to sponsor you for course credit. The credit is given by your college, not by the WHS Press. Click here to view more information about the Wisconsin Historical Society Press (WHSP).
• Managing submissions for regional and national award programs
• Creating and executing target marketing plans for specialty markets
• Assisting in the writing, editing, and producing book publicity
• Assisting with catalog and brochure development
• Creating and updating contacts and mailing lists
• News and social media clipping and monitoring
• Arranging for review/galley copies to be sent
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
• Able to use basic computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Good project management and organizational skills required
• Enthusiasm and interest in publishing
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• A criminal background check will be conducted prior to offer the beginning of a volunteer arrangement to determine if the circumstances of any conviction may be related to the volunteer opportunity.
• This is an unpaid internship position.
• 10 to 15 hours a week
How to Apply:
Send resumes to WHSPress@wisconsinhistory.org or mail to Wisconsin Historical Society Press, 816 State Street, Madison, WI 53706.
Application Deadline—January 1, 2019.