|Employer||University of Wisconsin-Madison Center for Healthy Minds (CHM)|
|Apply by||January 28, 2018|
|Posted on||January 8, 2019|
The Marketing Specialist will work closely with a collaborative team to support digital communications and marketing efforts for the general public, funders/donors, and scientists. Focusing on website management and content creation, the Marketing Specialist will help grow the organization’s reach with external audiences through a focus on strategic communications, industry best practice, and accessibility compliance. In addition, the position will contribute to editorial projects and content creation to capture the work of the Center for Healthy Minds and communicate it in easy-to-understand formats with target audiences. The Marketing Specialist will report to the Director of Communications & Marketing.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Center for Healthy Minds (CHM) was founded and is led by neuroscientist Richard J. Davidson. The Center’s mission is to cultivate well-being and relieve suffering through a scientific understanding of the mind. The organization is best known as a leader in rigorous, interdisciplinary basic and translational research aimed at understanding the mind and how to nurture well-being in ourselves and others. Core components of the Center’s mission include communicating its science and impact to the world, inspiring scientists to conduct cutting-edge research, and engaging influencers and institutions to embrace well-being.
Relevant Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Communications, Marketing or a related filed is preferred.
• 1 year of experience in communications, digital marketing, or related area; relevant undergraduate/internship training will be considered
• Experience working with content management systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with a multidisciplinary team
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Attention to detail and ability to balance multiple priorities
• Translating complex topics for lay audiences
• Familiarity with AP Style, Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Photoshop and Acrobat, Google Analytics, and content management systems such as Craft, ExpressionEngine, or WordPress
• Appreciation for and experience with diversity, inclusion, and accessibility
• Adaptability and ability to perform in fast-paced environment
Click here for a full job-description and submit your application online.
Application Deadline—January 28, 2019.