|Employer||Health Access Connect|
|Location||Kampala and Kalangala, Uganda|
|Contact information||Barbara Jedele Advisor and Program Coordinator International Internship Program International Division University of Wisconsin- Madison 259 Bascom Hall, 500 Lincoln Drive Madison, WI 53706 USA Tel: +1 (608) 261-1018 Skype: uw-iip Advising - by appointment|
|Apply by||October 21, 2018|
|Posted on||October 11, 2018|
This internship is coordinated by the UW-Madison International Internship Program.
Health Access Connect links Ugandans living in remote areas with healthcare resources.
The Media & Communications Intern will assist key Health Access Connect staff with the following:
• Gathering photos and video of field sites
• Documenting impacts of health services activities
• Posting photos, video, and other media on social media, newsletters, and website
• Documenting #accessforall stories (like Humans of NY) and helping to craft media campaigns
• Helping to send follow-up communications and reports to donors
• Helping to compile paperwork for grant applications
This is a good position for someone who would like to gain some international experience working with a non-profit organization and seeing what it takes to maintain the organization and what field work is like in remote, rural areas. The organization needs someone who can help us translate what is happening on the ground to a US-based audience. Be prepared to rough it and meet a lot of interesting people! The organization can help the student arrange a safari during their stay.
• Hone and develop skills related to communications and media.
• Gain an understanding of what it means to work in an intercultural environment.
• Learn about the operations of an NGO in Uganda.
• Resiliency & high level of maturity and ability to thrive in new and sometimes difficult situations
• Continuing student (returning to campus or graduating abroad with department approval)
• Good interpersonal skills to work well with others in different cultures and languages
• Interest in the region & culture of internship location
• Good academic and disciplinary standing
• Interest in writing and photography
• Graphic design experience
• Social media and web marketing experience
• Grantwriting interest or experience
• Website experience, especially WordPress
• Video editing
Students must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior to apply.
Click here to learn more and apply online.
Application Deadline – October 21, 2018.