|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||May 21, 2020|
Membership Associate needed for half-time work in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This position is responsible for Rethinking Schools’ (RS) customer/member relations and maintaining the central Salesforce database of all constituents of the organization. These include readers, subscribers, donors, members, and allies and partners in social justice work.
Rethinking Schools is a nonprofit publisher and advocacy organization dedicated to sustaining and strengthening public education through social justice teaching and education activism. Our magazine, books, and other resources promote equity and racial justice in the classroom. We encourage grassroots efforts in our schools and communities to enhance the learning and well- being of our children, and to build broad democratic movements for social and environmental justice.
Hours: Beginning as part-time (50%), with the intention to grow the position to full-time over time.
• Provide quality support to customers and others who come in contact via the website or by phone. Receive customer calls and emails from 2:00-7:00 pm CST Monday through Friday, or equivalent. Handle issues and complaints in a timely and professional way.
• “Own” the Rethinking Schools central database, ensuring it holds complete, accurate and updated information. Manually enter information when needed, look up information for customers, staff and editors, and regularly dedupe and clean the database.
• Create and run various reports on book buyers, subscribers, donors, etc.
• Manage thank you letter and marketing series for buyers, subscribers and donors. This includes automated receipt, follow up thanks, and follow up ask and other communications constructed with help from the Marketing Director.
• Manage logistics for conference sales by setting up iPads, preparing paper point of sale, and manually entering paper point of sale post conference.
• Support the work of the Marketing Director in targeting, scheduling, sending, and responding to email, text and other customer-facing communications.
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of all RS products.
• Travel once per year to national meeting; possibly travel to conferences where Rethinking Schools has a sales table.
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of Rethinking Schools, and be driven by its mission.
You should have/ be:
• At least 3 years of database experience, Salesforce strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 1 to 3 years of customer relations experience, preferably in retail.
• WordPress, Microsoft Office, Mailchimp or similar ESP proficiency required.
• A proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities and job responsibilities.
• Internally motivated, self-starter; an energetic customer service representative who can positively impact both systems and sales.
• Thorough attention to detail, resourcefulness and a talent for problem-solving, tenacity and determination in challenging situations, a high sense of urgency, and an ability to carry out a plan.
• Interest in public education and equity issues and willingness to become familiar with RS products.
• Ability to work remotely when necessary
Click here to find out how to apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!