|Employer||Nexstar Media Group Inc.|
|Location||Rock Island, IL|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||August 9, 2018|
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
The News Photographeroperates television or video cameras to record images or scenes for news reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Shoots video for news reports.
- Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements.
- Sets up, composes and executes video shots.
- Maintains video equipment.
- Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content.
- Operates live microwave and satellite trucks in remote situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma.Requirements & Skills:
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum two years’ experience operating video recording equipment. (More for larger markets and less for smaller markets.)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Proficiency with video recording equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Photographer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Photographer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.