|Employer||UW-Madison - Center for the First Year Experience|
|Location||UW Madison Campus|
|Apply by||January 31, 2020|
|Posted on||December 4, 2019|
• Welcome new students and guests for SOAR program by providing customer service to students, guests, and campus partners during key portions of the schedule
• Support daily logistics of the SOAR program to ensure a seamless experience for campus partners, students, and guests
• Lead small group discussions with guests to discuss campus resources and address any concerns
• Lead small group discussion with new students on UW-Madison’s academic and campus culture
• Serve on panels and speak to incoming families in a question and answer format
• Engage with new students through social evening programs
• Be accessible to parents/guests throughout the sessions by answering questions
• Support the Programming Intern throughout the Student Evening Program for Freshman SOAR
• Support the presenters of the Parent/Guest sessions by timing presentations, answering questions, and sharing your student experience during the presentation
• Assist in planning and staffing the Wisconsin Welcome events, including Convocation and Night at the Overture
• Other duties as assigned
• Summer classes, second jobs, or other major commitments cannot conflict with summer staffing dates and work time. They must be disclosed and approved by the supervisor prior to accepting the employment offer.
• Comfortable with frequent and infrequent movement- i.e. leading students between SOAR locations, being in one area during a designated time.
• Must be in good standing academic and non-academic with the University at the time of application, hire, start of employment, and through the duration of employment. All non-academic misconduct will be reviewed for employment consideration.
• Note: This position does not do any academic advising. If interested in academic peer advising, please see the SOAR Peer Advisor position offered through the Office of Undergraduate advising and your school/college.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong customer service, writing, and communication skills
• Attention to detail, well organized
• Punctuality, reliable attendance, and flexibility
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
• A desire to build positive relationships
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse populations
• Ability to work cooperatively with other coordinators, specialists, interns, peers and professional staff
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline—January 31, 2020.