|Employer||WBAY TV - Gray Media Group|
|Location||Green Bay, WI|
|Posted on||February 7, 2020|
WBAY-TV is looking for a content-driven producer to join our award winning news team. This producer should have the ability to seek out and present relevant and immediate stories with a keen eye towards important news of the day and enterprise. We need a self-starter who can juggle planning, producing, social media and web. The best candidate is someone who is consistent, creative, in charge, flexible and energetic. We are getting a brand new news set this spring, so there will be plenty of opportunities to get creative in showcasing video and graphics. Experience with morning news is a plus. Applicants must have a bachelors’ degree in Journalism or related field and previous newsroom experience.
• Produces assigned newscast. Responsible for story selection, treatment, writing stories using available video, interviews, graphics and other resources to clearly convey what is happening in an engaging way that viewers understand
• Thrives on information that is still unfolding and happening in the moment.
• Can clearly communicate with production staff, anchors and field crews
• Excellent writer, understands and consumes news from many different sources. Understands role of social media in newsgathering.
• Can take charge in the booth when timing newscasts to add breaking news, or drop stories for time
• At least 1 year working at a television station with a strong news department or a digital, multi-platform news operation
• Excellent conversational writing and communication skills
• Experience in web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multi-media production software
• Experience digital content management systems and Edius Video editing
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods
Please apply online at https://www.wbay.com/station/stationjobs