|Employer||WQRF-TV and WTVO-TV|
|Apply by||Oct.2, 2017|
|Posted on||August 3, 2017|
WQRF-TV and WTVO-TV in Rockford, IL are looking for a multi-talented and self-motivated individual who wants to learn it all beginning with producing. Typically, our producers eventually move on to learning to be a MMJ and anchor on both a regularly scheduled and fill-in basis. Individual should be someone who is digitally aware and willing to learn to cover the news on all platforms.
The News Producer produces daily newscast items, decides the order in which stories will
be told, writes teases and other content, times news programs, edits video, and posts video to the website.
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
1. Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms.
2. Writes and orders news stories.
3. Approves scripts.
4. Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts.
5. Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms.
6. Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some experience in a newsroom setting is preferred.
- Proficiency with computers and other office equipment is required.
- Experience with Avid Inews a plus.
- Experience with digital editing equipment preferred as some editing may be required.
- Because this position will eventually require field work, ability to shoot video carrying and using camera gear is also important.
Work experience and education required for position:
1. Fluency in English.
2. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
3. Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
4. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Flexibility to work any shift.
Interested candidates should post their resume & cover letter when applying at our corporate website: