|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||January 30, 2020|
ABC6News, the Hubbard Broadcasting ABC affiliate in Rochester-Austin, Minnesota and Mason City, Iowa, DMA has an opening for News Producer. Our position is based in our state-of-the-art TV broadcast facility centered in fast growing Rochester, Minnesota, home to the world’s highest ranked overall medical facility, the renowned Mayo Clinic, IBM’s Watson design team and Hormel’s Corporate Headquarters.
We’re looking for that special person that “completes the team.” a passionate reporter/story teller to enhance and flavor our abc6 Morning team chemistry, ignite even greater energy and inform our fast-growing, early morning community…someone who checks their morning news feeds when they wake up, before they go to bed and over the weekend. We’re looking for someone who stays informed and wants to inform others; someone who can think on their feet and is equally comfortable out in the public or behind the anchor desk; someone who pitches stories, turns them and fronts them from the field when necessary. We’re looking for someone who understands the power of social media and connecting with viewers. Above all, our perfect candidate wants to be here, in one of America’s most dynamic communities, working with an experienced professional team committed to growing our morning audience with all the resources offered by one of the industry’s greatest broadcast companies.
Essential Job Duties:
• Stay abreast of local, national and world events. Have a good understanding of what is going on in communities in our market.
• Responsible for overall content of newscast.
• Monitor scanners for breaking local news.
• Non-linear editing a plus.
• Write topical promotions and news updates as needed.
• Call and gather information for news stories.
• Work closely with assignment editor to coordinate story coverage.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work in an area that is often noisy and has many distractions.
• Must be able to move quickly at times from newsroom to production control room.
• Must be able to communicate in English verbally and in writing.
• The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
The best candidate will use video and sound that makes headlines pop off the screen, work with reporters to develop demonstrative live shots and write teases that will make viewers want to throw away the remote control. You should have a passion for producing, a love of news and a desire to come to work to have some fun.
• College degree in broadcast journalism or comparable experience.
• Previous experience working in newsroom environment and producing newscasts preferred.
• Good news judgment.
• Excellent writing skills: writing must be clear, accurate and interesting.
• Ability to breakdown complicated and involved stories so that they are easy for viewers to understand.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Must be able to respond and work well in a crisis.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!