|Location||New York City, NY|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 13, 2019|
As a desk assistant, you will play an integral role in providing editorial and administrative support to senior staff, producers and correspondents on a daily basis.
· Assist in story development through internet research and phone calls
· Book interviews and conduct pre-interviews
· Conduct archival searches
· Assist producers with phone inquiries and other requests
· Assist in control room and studio during live broadcast
· Handle phone calls for senior staff and including viewer comments
· Coordinate daily conference calls for Nightly editorial meetings
· Pitch and develop original story ideas
· Log tape and gather visual elements for segment production
· Provide assistance during shoots in house and in the field
· Format script pages by marking and labeling cues for graphics and taped elements
· Print script pages and coordinate distribution of scripts to anchor and control room staff
· Coordinate distribution of show rundown to various personnel and workspaces in the building (including rundown updates)
· Updated show files daily
· Fill in as a researcher or production assistant (including rundown building, chyron building, show timing, etc.)
· Other responsibilities may change depending on breaking news and scheduling
· Bachelor’s degree
· Ability to do fast math in your head
· Proficiency in non-linear editing systems, such as Final Cut Pro, Avid, etc.
· Knowledge of NBC News programs, on-air correspondents, policies, guidelines and practices
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while under extreme deadlines
· Excellent time management skills
· Team player
· Strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
· Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
· Excellent interpersonal skills
Please send resumes to Barbara.Duffy@nbcuni.com.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!