|Employer||Aldo Leopold Nature Center|
|Contact information||Kelley Van Egeren, Director of Development firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Apply by||February 20, 2020|
|Posted on||November 20, 2019|
The Aldo Leopold Nature Center (ALNC) is looking for several motivated individuals to join our Non-Profit Development and Special Event Management internship program!
Help ALNC fulfill our mission to engage, educate, and empower current and future generations to respect, protect, and enjoy the natural world in the spirit of Aldo Leopold, famed Wisconsinite and the father of modern conservation.
Responsibilities/Opportunities: To gain experience and increase your knowledge and skill level in special event management and non-profit development.
Duties may include:
• Nonprofit Development:
Planning: Assist the Development Director in drafting development plans to support the organization’s mission and strategic goals, including new fundraising and donor cultivation events.
• Prospect Research: Research and discern viability of foundations, corporations and individuals for compatibility with ALNC’s mission and focus.
• Solicitation: Assist the Director of Development with expanding existing development programs such as membership drives, direct mail solicitations, major donor campaigns, special appeals, fundraising and donor cultivation events (Pipers in the Prairie, Cocktails in the Cattails, etc.), proposals and sponsorships, online solicitation, etc. and creating new and innovative fundraising initiatives.
• Special Events:
Assisting: Help the Director of Development with all aspects of event concept, development and management, including brainstorming ideas, volunteer recruitment, management and acknowledgement, creating dynamic event promotional materials, securing in-kind donations and day of event participation.
• Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Development
• Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
• Creative team player with good people, communication and organizational skills.
• Responsible, able to take initiative and exhibit resourcefulness.
• Hours: 10 hours/week preferred, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Transportation: Vehicle needed, the nearest bus stop is about 3/4 mile from ALNC
Individuals interested in this position are asked to send a resume and cover letter to:
Kelley Van Egeren, Director of Development at email@example.com.
Application Deadline—February 20, 2020.