|Contact information||Barbara Allen OPB HR Coordinator 503-445-1885 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Posted on||February 7, 2019|
OPB seeks a reporter/producer to cover business, workplace issues and the economy of Oregon and Southwest Washington. This is a new beat for our newsroom, and this reporter will play a lead role in crafting our coverage of business as a daily beat. This is a non-exempt, full-time, regular status position with benefits.
Produce high quality enterprise and breaking news stories for OPB that appear on multiple platforms and consistently meet daily deadlines, as well as ethical, technical, legal and aesthetic standards. This involves daily research, writing, online filing, photography, voicing and production and the regular use of OPB’s media asset management system. The bulk of this reporter/producer’s newsgathering efforts will focus on business, workplace issues and the economy in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
The reporter will divide time between an office/studio and field work as needed for newsgathering, which may include travel to remote locations, working evening or weekends, and possibly working in inclement weather. Lifting and carrying equipment up to 20 pounds is sometimes required. In-state travel is common, but trips are often short.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Journalism or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position.
• Experience developing and maintaining a beat.
• Enterprise reporting experience.
• Ability to develop and maintain sources.
• Strong writing and interviewing skills.
• Familiarity with photography, audio, video and social media in the presentation of news stories.
• Passion for covering economic issues.
• Commitment to high ethical standards in reporting.
• Ability and desire to work well with colleagues in collaborative newsroom environment.
• Ability to file live reports and participate in breaking news.
• Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB Enthusiasm for the changing news production environment and the tools and software used to facilitate our work.
• Experience using digital audio recording and editing equipment.
• Experience covering businesses and economic issues.
• A demonstrated interest in following stories over time.
• Community engagement experience.
• Bilingual in English and another language.
• An eye for diverse voices and sources in stories.
• Photography or video production skills.
Click here to apply.
Application Deadline—March 4, 2019 by 7:00 p.m. CST.