|Employer||Oregon Public Broadcasting|
|Contact information||Barbara Allen OPB HR Coordinator 503-445-1885 email@example.com|
|Apply by||March 5, 2020 at 5 PM Pacific time|
|Posted on||January 28, 2020|
OPB is looking for a Digital Managing Editor to join a highly experienced digital content production team and oversee daily digital operations. The Digital Managing Editor will be joining OPB just prior to the launch of a new OPB.org. This salaried, exempt position is a full time, regular status position with benefits.
The Digital Managing Editor oversees daily digital editorial operations with a mandate to increase audience loyalty and engagement across OPB’s digital distribution channels.
Most work is done in an office at a computer. Work schedule will be determined by OPB business needs, primarily Monday through Friday during business hours. Currently OPB digital producers, supervised by the Managing Editor, divide shifts from 6am-7pm seven days/week.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position.
• Five years of experience in professional digital journalism.
• Track record of successfully managing experienced content teams juggling the distribution of breaking news and crafting long-form multimedia stories.
• Impeccable journalistic integrity and editorial judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to balance urgency and depth in story selection and website presentation.
• Keen sense of how to improve people’s work and support them to do their best.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage several projects concurrently.
• Demonstrated ability to set, meet and enforce deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate with peers across the organization.
• Ability to incorporate broad strategic goals into daily operations.
• Knowledge of evolving online news distribution platforms.
• Share OPB’s commitment to covering all the communities in our coverage areas reflecting a diverse range of people and perspectives in our content.
• Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB and a hunger for news.
• A voracious news consumer with a passion for journalism.
• Knowledge of major stories and issues in the Northwest.
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline—March 5, 2020, 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).