|Employer||UW-Madison - Center for the First Year Experience|
|Apply by||January 31, 2020|
|Posted on||December 4, 2019|
Expertly communicate with students and families before, during, and after their SOAR experience via the SOAR information line, e-mail, in-person, and printed materials. This includes:
• Assisting students and families with making and editing their reservations in the SOAR Reservation System
• Being the first face students & families see when they arrive at SOAR check-in
• Problem-solving and providing excellent customer service skills
Collaborate with fellow SOAR Operations Team members to run the summer SOAR office, including:
• Preparing for check-in at multiple locations
• Supporting the daily operations of the SOAR program
• Assisting with inventory logs and session setup
• Other tasks as assigned
Assist SOAR Operations Interns with support of SOAR academic advising functions in College Library
• *Note: The OA position is NOT a peer academic advisor position. If interested in peer academic advising, please see the SOAR Peer Advisor position offered through the Office of Undergraduate Advising and your school/college.
• Collaborate with SOAR Programming Interns, New Student Leaders, CFYE Professional Staff, and campus partners to meet program needs
• Serve as a knowledgeable resource for the campus community regarding CFYE as a front desk representative
• Assist transfer students in making advising appointments with Transfer Transition Program staff
• Provide support CFYE initiatives and programs throughout the year as directed by CFYE Professional Staff
• Being adaptable and willing to step in whenever needed
Qualifications: Enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate UW-Madison student for spring 2019; graduating seniors should contact Coordinator of Orientation – Operations for permission to apply. Must be in good standing academic and non-academic with the University at the time of application, hire, start of employment, and through the duration of employment. All grades and non-academic misconduct will be reviewed for employment consideration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Maintains an “all in” commitment to easing the UW-Madison transition for students and families
• Can both contribute to a team-oriented environment and independently work and make decisions
• Exhibit the ability to work and communicate professionally with a diverse array of students, family members, SOAR team members, and campus partners
• Self-driven learner who can use available resources, ask good questions, test out ideas, and search for solutions
• Committed to creating and maintaining a positive attitude and inclusive team environment
• Ability to problem solve, prioritize, and make efficient use of work time
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Open-minded, punctual, and adaptable to regular change on-the-job
• Ability to balance work requirements and a fun team atmosphere with peers
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline—January 31, 2020.