|Apply by||January 30, 2020|
|Posted on||January 14, 2020|
The Pulitzer Center is seeking a creative, detail-oriented, and high-energy Outreach Assistant. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for raising awareness of critical global issues. We are a team of nearly 20 deeply committed, hardworking, and entrepreneurial individuals. We work with some of the world’s most talented journalists, photographers, filmmakers, and educators.
The individual in this new position will work most closely with our university, outreach, and communication teams, and also connect with our editorial and management teams in developing and executing tasks.
The ideal candidate is responsible and detail-oriented, a strong writer, and able to work both independently and with others. We also are looking for someone who will bring new ideas to the table.
• Participate in the planning and coordination of the Pulitzer Center’s Annual Conference. Conference themes have included gender, conflict transformation, religion and, for 2020, justice.
• Assist in the development of special events to highlight the work of Pulitzer Center journalists and partners in such locales as Washington, D.C. and New York.
• Work to build out community-facing programs in regions across the U.S. where we are developing new partnerships.
• Support the creation and management of audience lists for events and related databases.
• Assist in the organization of journalist and staff visits to our more than 35 Campus Consortium partners.
• Take part in the planning and coordination of events for Campus Consortium Reporting Fellows, including the Pulitzer Center’s Annual Reporting Fellows Washington Weekend and information sessions on the reporting fellowships.
• Help maintain Reporting Fellows’ records in Salesforce, edit and post their stories, and promote their work via social media and award submissions.
We believe public-interest journalism is a public good and education outreach is a key part of our mission. We invite you to help us guarantee that we can continue to advance a deeper, more nuanced understanding of the world around us—informing the public, policy-makers, and the next generation, on the defining challenges of our time.
Click here for information about how to apply.
Application Deadline—January 30, 2020.