|Employer||Gathering Waters: Wisconsin’s Alliance for Land Trusts|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||August 5, 2019|
Gathering Waters: Wisconsin’s Alliance for Land Trusts, a non-profit conservation organization based in Madison, WI, seeks an Outreach & Development Intern. The desired candidate will work 15 – 20 hours a week starting in September and be able to stay at least one year. An earlier start date is possible based on the candidate’s availability.
This paid internship provides the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in nonprofit operations and outreach, with the potential for special projects depending on the applicant’s skills.
Job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Support the communications and outreach program, including writing blogs, social media posts, and website content
- Assist in preparation of communications with members and potential members
- Assist in logistics and assembly of mailings
- Assist with processing donations and thanking donors
- Assist with special event planning
- Assist with event outreach through print, online, and social media
- An appreciation for land and natural resource conservation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to commit to 15 – 20 hours each week
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated, strong skills in detail-oriented and organizational work• Proficient and engaging social media skills on Facebook and Twitter• Third or fourth-year undergraduate or graduate student is preferred
This is a part-time position (15 – 20 hrs /week) paid at a rate of $14.00 per hour. The position will remain open until filled.
Please send a PDF containing your cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Internship Position in the subject line. Please state in your cover letter that you are eligible for Work-Study.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.