|Apply by||July 27, 2018|
|Posted on||July 11, 2018|
AQUA Magazine is a B2B media brand with 40 years of experience catering to professionals (particularly retailers, builders and service professionals) in the swimming pool and spa industry. Through our magazine (which reaches 15,000 monthly), twice-weekly e-newsletter, website (which reached more than 500,000 visits in 2017) and social media channels, we’re the industry’s leading resource for news, product coverage, business advice, trends and more.
AQUA is looking for a talented individual to assist our editorial team, primarily on the digital side to start. In particular, we’re looking for someone who can be our go-to person for formatting stories for the website, managing our New Products sections, helping us with our e-newsletter and managing our social media channels. Other duties will include writing small pieces for print and, on occasion, writing quick-turnaround news items for the website.
Ideally, this candidate will be with us for the long haul and will see their duties grow over time. This is a fairly entry-level position; recent graduates and upper-level college students are encouraged to apply.
• A reporting background
• Social media management
• Willingness to take initiative and go beyond basic instructions
• Attention to detail, accuracy in reporting
• Ability to juggle several projects and multitask
• Appetite to learn the ins and outs of our industry
A journalism background is a plus, but not a requirement.
• Flexible hours — 20 hours/week, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday to Friday. Pay: $15.00/hr.
• Location: We’re right on the Capitol Square, just steps away from the Old Fashioned (our favorite spot for happy hour)
• Relaxed atmosphere: We’re a business casual kind of place — feel free to wear jeans to work.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is July 27, 2018.
About Athletic Business Media
AQUA’s parent company is Athletic Business Media. In addition to AQUA, AB Media owns Wood Floor Business, which caters to wood floor professionals; Athletic Business, a publication that serves leaders in athletics, fitness and recreation design; and the AB Show, the premier educational event and trade show for athletic, fitness and recreation professionals. We are based in the heart of downtown Madison, directly on the Capitol Square.