|Employer||Buzz Monkeys Inc.|
|Apply by||December 31, 2018|
|Posted on||November 28, 2018|
Are you a self-starter looking to gain experience in the marketing/communications field? Buzz Monkeys might be looking for you!
We’re filling an internship position and want someone who has creativity, organization and a passion for writing to help round out our team of motivated communications professionals. The part-time intern will gain visibility into the inner workings and aspects of the public relations field, provide concrete deliverables and learn from top to bottom.
Founded in 1997 and located in Wauwatosa, WI, Buzz Monkeys, Inc. is known for creating strategic marketing communications campaigns. Buzz Monkeys is a group of seriously smart people who are savvy strategically, idea-centric, channel-neutral, inspirational and fun. We focus on how to best drive your brand in a constantly evolving marketing communications landscape. Learn more at www.buzzmonkeyspr.com.
Our ideal candidate will have strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills and a positive and teamwork-oriented personality. The ability to learn quickly and multitask in a fast-paced environment is also required.
Job duties will include:
• Performs research and market analysis activities on a variety of tasks and topics, summarizes key findings to agency leaders and clients
• Uses industry tools and resources to build and update media lists, databases, reports and other deliverables.
• Assists in the development of content including press releases, pitches, articles, media alerts and other press materials.
• Effectively utilizes social media to identify market trends, news and writes social media content.
• Assist in distributing information to local, regional and national media, and develop relationships on our clients’ behalf to secure coverage for our clients.
• Supporting the agency team and contributing to a positive, productive work environment
• Performs other duties in support of team and agency activities.
• Strong desire to learn
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Passion and understanding of marketing, public relations, social media
• Recent degree or enrollment in a Bachelor’s program; completed class work in either journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising, writing or business
• Previous related internship strongly preferred
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to Katie Hall at email@example.com.
Application Deadline—December 31, 2018.