|Apply by||August 9, 2018|
|Posted on||July 9, 2018|
The Chicago Bulls are seeking a highly motivated and self-starter individual who is passionate about gaining firsthand public and media relations experience. The person who fills the role of Public & Media Relations Associate will have the opportunity to work daily with members of the media, as well as collaborate with various departments within the Chicago Bulls organization (e.g., Basketball Operations, Community Relations, Corporate Communications, Digital, etc.) to assist with our strategic direction of the public and media relations team.
This position is scheduled to start in September 2018 and continue through the end of the season.
As a Public & Media Relations Associate, you will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fun team where you will be expected to assist the staff in all aspects of the team’s efforts, including:
• Support the development of departmental publications (e.g., media guide, preseason guide, playoff guide, game-day insert, gamenotes, post-game notes, etc.)
• Monitor and report on team coverage in the local and national media
• Collect, archive and distribute media clips
• Build and develop daily statistical reports
• Compile gamenotes
• Handle game credentials and visiting media packets for all home games
• Set up media work areas on game days (e.g., press room and press box)
• Assist the department at practice and shoot around
• Help oversee events such as press conferences, media day, etc.
• Perform additional projects as needed
The team is looking to place a highly organized and driven individual who works well across departments and has direct experience in sports communications or public/media relations. You could be a potential match for this role if you have a strong mix of the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or a communications-related field
• A real passion for public and media relations
• At least one year of experience in sports communications or public/media relations at either the professional or collegiate level, and can effectively perform the duties as listed above
• Deep understanding of the organization’s history, the NBA and basketball statistics
• Knowledge of local media
• A strong ability to work productively and positively with media and other departments across the organization
• Strong communication (both written and verbal) and relationship building skills
• Excellent written skills, including editing and working knowledge of and adherence to
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Highly organized, with attention to detail and strong time management skills
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to navigate quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent teammate, with positive energy
• Previous experience prioritizing work and adhering to changing deadlines
• Ability to take direction and collaborate across multiple teams
• Strong professional working demeanor and the ability to handle confidential information
The Chicago Bulls Public & Media Relations Associate role will pay $12.00/hr. Parking and lunch at the United Center are provided daily, free of charge, and employees will receive complimentary tickets to select home Bulls games.
Note that this role pays an hourly wage, requires flexible work hours and will include work outside of normal office hours during the business week and on weekends.
Click here to apply online.
No deadline specified, apply ASAP!