|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 19, 2019|
Two researchers from Stanford University, Professor Jennifer Pan and Professor Yiqing Xu, are looking to recruit 1-2 outstanding and motivated part-time undergraduate research assistants (RAs).
Research assistants will work with the research team on a long-term research project aiming to understand the attitudes and beliefs of Chinese students studying in the United States on social and political issues.
The protocol of the research project has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at Stanford University and Sun Yat-sen University in China.
Current Members of the Research Team:
● Jennifer Pan, Assistant Professor at Stanford, Department of Communication. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Yiqing Xu, Assistant Professor at Stanford, Department of Political Science. Email: email@example.com
● Zijie Shao, Associate Research Fellow at Sun Yat-sen University, Department of Political Science. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
● Yingjie Fan, project manager and graduate student at Stanford University, Email: email@example.com
Job Description / Responsibilities:
1. The RA will work on the project for at least two years, starting in October 2019.
2. The RA is expected to work for about 3-5 hours per week on average. This will be lower during certain times and may reach up to 10-15 hours per week during the survey distribution period (twice a year).
3. The RA will be involved in different aspects of the research, including recruiting student respondents, distributing surveys, conducting interviews, doing literature reviews, conducting data validation, and performing preliminary data analysis.
1. Opportunity to gain first-hand experience with social science research
2. Regular interactions with faculty and research team members
3. Participate in research group meetings
1. The applicant is currently enrolled at a university in the United States, with a preference for social science majors, including but not limited to economics, political science, sociology, communication, public policy, and business.
2. We are looking for research team members who have strong willingness to talk to other students and passion for research who have an interest in social science research
3. The applicant should have strong academic performance and a range of research skills, including recruiting respondents, conducting interviews, and writing summary reports in English.
4. Experience with Chinese student groups, strong writing and communication skills in both Mandarin and English, and leadership will be highly valued.
1. A cover letter, stating your motivation for pursuing the position and previous related experience (300-500 words)
2. A resume
3. An unofficial undergraduate transcript.
Submission. Please compress all the materials into a zip file named after your last names (e.g. LastName.zip) and submit it through our dropbox here.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The PIs will review the first round materials on November 9, 2019 – so please submit your application as soon as possible.
Applicants who have questions about the position may contact Yingjie Fan (firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: RA Application).
研究助理招募 – 两位斯坦福教授(Prof. Yiqing Xu and Prof. Jennifer Pan) 正在招募对社会科学研究有兴趣、有热情的研究助理。研究助理主要职责包括根据项目要求帮助招募和采访问卷参与者，并撰写采访笔记（有中国学生社团工作经验 Plus）。感兴趣的同学请将申请材料发至https://www.dropbox.com/request/J2rOiK1Y6nDGdFWNpzBN，我们期待你的加入！欢迎转发👏有问题请发送邮件至 email@example.com