|Employer||Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center|
|Contact information||Kristen Durst email@example.com|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||September 18, 2019|
Assist with tasks in Community Relations Department at Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center. This department houses community events (approximately 100 per year), tours/educational outreach programs, and all public relations and social media activities for the facility.
Public Relations/Social Media:
• Take and upload pictures and video to social media sites
• Suggest posts on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram
• Manage Maker Faire Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Update social media calendar and schedule posts in Facebook
• Create Facebook events
• Media list updates
• Scan newspaper for mentions, calculate values and record data
• Cataloguing of print media
• Calendar listings
• Planning, logistical preparation, and attendance at community events,
• Post-event follow up
• Mailing list updates – USI, Microsoft Access and Patron Mail software
• Survey distribution and data compilation
• Take pictures at events to post on social media
• Poster/Flyer and sign distribution
• Assist with the implementation of youth events on and off site
• Gather and report attendance and survey data
• Support marketing efforts to increase visitor attendance at the facility
• Grant and corporate sponsorship research and proposals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Basic knowledge of event planning and ability to work effectively with clients, fellow employees, sponsors, entertainers and the general public in a courteous and professional manner. The ability to perform duties effectively and efficiently, and be reliable with regard to office hours and attendance. Attention to detail is also necessary. Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner both orally and in written word, and work independently, yet in a team environment. Ability to lift 25-50 lbs. occasionally, stand or walk for long periods of time and maintain adequate attendance.
10-12 hours per week. $500 stipend upon successful completion of internship.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Kristen Durst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!
Questions, call 608.261.4011.