|Employer||Community Shares of Wisconsin|
|Apply by||November 22, 2019|
|Posted on||October 30, 2019|
Reports to: Communications Director
Hours: 8-12 hours/week
Payment: $1,280 scholarship per semester (summer is $980); scholarship administered by UW School of Journalism (Interns must be current UW-Madison students)
Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday November 22, 2019.
This internship supports communications efforts at Community Shares of Wisconsin, with a special focus on social media. The intern will build professional skills while learning how online communications support the work of nonprofit organizations. First-time interns with willingness to learn and grow are encouraged to apply. Strong social media and/or design skills preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to proofread, write creatively to different audiences, take constructive feedback;
- Interest in writing and developing visual content for social media and other digital platforms;
- Interest in local nonprofit organizations and how social media tools can advance their causes;
- Interest in building interpersonal skills as a foundation for professional success;
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and seek guidance as needed;
- Desire to build capacity in the management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work closely with supervisor, take direction, learn and adapt quickly, and apply constructive feedback to future work;
- Communicate effectively with a diverse community of CSW staff and interns, board members, member nonprofits, campaign sites, and donors;
- Function effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing responsibilities;
- Participate in a team environment and stay positive during times of stress.
- With direction from CSW staff, learn best practices for engaging on social media as the representative of a nonprofit organization;
- Learn to use social media analytics and offer suggestions based on your analysis;
- Regularly scan social media of member groups for content to share;
- Help write, edit, and design material to ensure appropriate content, length, and look;
- Work effectively with CSW staff and supporters and follow CSW’s Social Media Plan.
Special Availability Needs
- Ideal candidate will be available Winter 2020 through the Fall 2020 semester. Candidates MUST be available to accommodate heavier workload February 1 through March 2, 2020. Also, this position includes Summer 2020 must be onsite available for that time.