|Employer||Community Shares of Wisconsin|
|Apply by||March 23, 2018|
|Posted on||February 14, 2018|
This internship supports communications efforts at Community Shares of Wisconsin, with a special focus on social media. Work hours are between 8 to 12 hours a week and the position will report to the Communications Director. The intern will build professional skills while learning how online communications support the work of nonprofit organizations. First-time interns with willingness to learn and grow are encouraged to apply. Strong writing and/or design skills preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
· Ability to proofread, write creatively to different audiences, take constructive feedback
· Interest in writing and developing visual content for social media and other digital platforms
· Interest in local nonprofit organizations and how social media tools can advance their causes
· Interest in building interpersonal skills as a foundation for professional success
· Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and seek guidance as needed
· Desire to build capacity in the management of multiple projects simultaneously
· Work closely with supervisor, take direction, learn and adapt quickly, and apply constructive feedback to future work
· Communicate effectively with a diverse community of CSW staff and interns, board members, member nonprofits, campaign sites, and donors
· Function effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing responsibilities
· Participate in a team environment and stay positive during times of stress
· With direction from CSW staff, learn best practices for engaging on social media as the representative of a nonprofit organization
· Learn to use social media analytics and offer suggestions based on your analysis
· Regularly scan social media of member groups for content to share
· Help write, edit, and design material to ensure appropriate content, length, and look
· Work effectively with CSW staff and supporters and follow CSW’s Social Media Plan
Special Availability Needs
· Ideal candidate will be available summer 2018 through the spring 2019 semester. Candidates MUST be available to accommodate heavier workload February 1 through March 8, 2019.
Payment: $1,280 scholarship per semester (summer is $980); scholarship administered by UW School of Journalism (Interns must be current UW-Madison students)
Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday March 23, 2018.