|Employer||Urban Manufacturing Alliance|
|Location||Madison / Various|
|Contact information||Katy Stanton: email@example.com or 608-695-5210|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||January 30, 2020|
The Urban Manufacturing Alliance is a coalition of organizations and individuals working together to grow more equitable and prosperous economies in cities by building robust, environmentally sustainable, and inclusive urban manufacturing sectors.
We believe that manufacturing is good for cities: a vibrant urban manufacturing sector offers unique pathways for diverse residents to share in economic prosperity through manufacturing employment, entrepreneurship, and business ownership. An authentic and inclusive local manufacturing economy also reinforces and celebrates a city’s unique cultural assets and pride of place.
We also believe that cities are good for manufacturing: cities offer a rich concentration and diversity of people, resources, and creativity that lend themselves to stimulating more nimble, competitive, and innovative manufacturers.
In everything we do, we are vigilant to ensure that the new urban manufacturing economy reflects the diversity of our cities and offers environmentally sustainable and inclusive equitable employment, ownership, and innovation opportunities to residents of all urban communities.
The Social Media Intern position will be responsible for a variety of duties, including managing the online presence of UMA and our work. Specific tasks could include, but are not limited to:
• Creating a Medium page to host UMA’s written content
• Creating and managing all published content on UMA Medium, Facebook, and Twitter, based on existing UMA and UMA partner content and materials: Developing a regular publishing schedule via a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely campaigns and managing UMA’s social media accounts at UMA events and events where UMA has a presence
• Working with UMA members and partners to develop a media library (photos, videos) for our use on social media and other platforms
• Regularly engaging with online community on our and their channels
• Monitoring peer organizations for trends, ideas, and connections
• Analyzing campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media plan
• Monitoring effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media campaigns
Preferred skills include:
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills – we are a remote workplace and communication is critical
2. Must be able to work independently with a high level of autonomy and responsiveness, ability to take initiative
3. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with multiple groups, including remote teams, and build strong personal networks across a complex, fast moving organization
4. Ability to prioritize and multitask, and to positively contribute in a fast-paced and changing work environment
5. Proactive, excited to learn new technology
6. Strong interest in urban manufacturing, community economic development, localism, and / or maker movement a plus
7. High comfort level with social media, online research, and Google App products
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Details: This position is temporary (4 months), with the potential to extend. Approximately 6-8 hours per week. Stipend or class credit available. Very flexible work schedule and location.
How to apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and two references to Katy Stanton, UMA’s Director of Operations and Programming, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Social Media Intern”.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!