|Employer||1000 Friends of Wisconsin|
|Apply by||January 27, 2020|
|Posted on||January 14, 2020|
1000 Friends of Wisconsin is seeking a creative and innovative social media intern to enhance our visibility and to share our work and mission. 1000 Friends of Wisconsin promotes land use polices & activities that advance healthy communities, positive economic benefits & environmental benefits in Wisconsin.
– 5-6 hours/week of unpaid office and remote work (we encourage interns to think of projects that can fulfill classwork requirements)
– Create and manage a communications calendar
– Post content (articles, photos, videos, blogs, etc.) on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter pages
– Track social media engagement to identify high-preforming ideas and campaigns
– Brainstorm new campaign ideas with 1kFriends staff
– Follow Wisconsin state and local news to keep up with current events related to land use planning, environmental topics and community level work
Skills and qualifications:
– Excellent knowledge of social media platforms
– Creative mindset
– Analytical skills related to engagement
– The ability to combine analytical and creative skills for innovative content
– Prior experience with marketing or social media
– Experience and willingness to be part of a team
– Image/video editing capability
– Pursuing a degree in urban and regional planning, communications, environmental studies/science, journalism, or a related field
To apply, please provide resume and short (maximum 1 page, single-spaced) cover letter with related experience and interest.
Application Deadline—January 27, 2020.