|Employer||Madison Public Library Foundation|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 13, 2019|
The foundation is currently looking for a Special Events Intern to join our small office team for the upcoming semester. Gain valuable experience in all aspects of event planning for a nonprofit while working with an energetic and talented staff and volunteer team.
Duties of the position would include:
• Researching prospective events
• Assisting staff and event co-chairs with event committee meetings
• Participating in sponsorship solicitations
• Following up on event logistics, such as venue, menus, decorations, and entertainment
• Organizing and tracking event attendees and solicitations
• Working with staff on invitation mailing
• Helping track RSVP’s
• Being on site for all events and assisting with post-event follow-up
• Providing support to the individual giving program as needed
• Applicants should possess strong organization skills, demonstrated proficiency managing detail oriented tasks, and the ability to communicate effectively.
• Flexible hours; some weekend or evening work will be required.
• If you are a student, qualified candidates will have at least sophomore standing and pursuing a degree in library science, liberal arts, business, nonprofit management or related field. MPLF is located downtown on the bus line. MPLF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Hours: 12 – 15 per week
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Tracy Phillippi, Foundation Manager, email@example.com.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!
About the Foundation:
Madison Public Library Foundation was established to assist in filling the financial gap between appropriated city funds and the ever-rising costs of library resources and services that meet the diverse needs of our community.