|Location||Arlington, VA | Remote|
|Apply by||January 31, 2020|
|Posted on||January 7, 2020|
Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Sports Reporter!
Why it Matters: Our Sports vertical has become one of our fastest-growing coverage areas since launching in early 2019. Through the Axios Sports daily newsletter, we have been able to grow a highly engaged fan base around the world of Sports. Along with covering the daily news of the biggest sporting events, we also zoom out and tackle the intersection of tech, business, policy and media and how that affects the future of athletes, organizations, leagues and fans. As our Sports Reporter, you will be responsible for reporting on the big picture trends and data across all elements within the sports ecosystem.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
• Demonstrated passion and experience writing, reporting or editing on sports
• Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high-pressure news environments
• Experience with beat reporting and column/newsletter writing
• Familiarity and excitement in working with multiple teams
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours
• Competitive salary
• Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
• Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
• Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
• Company equity
• Commuter and cell phone benefit
• A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
• Annual learning and development stipend
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline—January 31, 2020.