|Employer||Wisconsin State Journal|
|Apply by||November 7, 2019|
|Posted on||October 7, 2019|
The Wisconsin State Journal is seeking a part-time Sports Reporter Assistant. If you’re a team player and interested in a career in sports reporting, this is the position for you!
• In this position you will work inside our office on Fish Hatchery Road, taking scores, statistics and highlights over the phone, fax and email on high school, college and recreational sports.
• Web-based data entry is a big part of the job; typing, grammar and spelling skills are vital.
• Familiarity with our newspaper’s Scoreboard page is a major plus, as the new hire will take over backup duties putting together that page.
• The new hire will be given a leadership role in the production of our annual Golf Guide publication, providing listings on every public course in the state. As such, strong organizational skills and the ability to follow through on assigned duties are musts.
• Understanding of all high school sports and knowledge of the terminology is required.
• The availability to work night and weekend shifts is required.
• Applicants with a valid driver’s license, a good driving record and their own personal vehicle are preferred.
• Candidates residing in the Madison, WI area are preferred.
Capital Newspapers offers:
• Competitive compensation starting at $12 an hour.
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurances
• 401k with company match
• Vacation, personal, and sick time
• Free print subscription to the Wisconsin State Journal and free digital subscription to Madison.com for all employees
This is a part-time, hourly role working an average of 20 hours per week. Benefits are offered.
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline-November 7, 2019.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Capital Newspapers organization is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to maintaining a workforce that accurately reflects our audience and expands our voice. Pre-employment background and drug screenings apply.