|Employer||UW-Madison | College of Engineering|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||October 30, 2019|
In order to better communicate the work we do and raise the visibility of our program nation and worldwide, the program in Construction Engineering and Management is seeking student storytellers to aid in crafting and shaping our message. The position will demand 10-15 hours per week, predominantly in-office at Engineering Hall, but occasionally working remotely as well. Starting pay will be $12-14/hour but may increase upon gaining more experience in the position.
Duties of this position include:
• Editing Technical Papers for publication in peer-reviewed journals, with a particular focus on imbuing them with narrative qualities.
• Preparing presentation materials and coaching presenters to achieve maximum influence.
• Assisting in the preparation of research and funding proposals, with an emphasis on telling the story of the project(s)
• Editing long-form books for narrative focus of technical information
Requirements of this position include:
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of story and dramatic structure
• Intermediate or better level understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability and willingness to learn new information
• Ability to set and meet deadlines
Not required but recommended:
• Experience in technical writing, copywriting, journalism, theatre, creative writing, and/or marketing
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, particularly of Excel VBA-applications
• HTML and CSS experience
• Digital Design Experience (Photoshop, Illustrator or similar)
Priority consideration will be given to applicants with one or more years left on their course of study (to allow for learning curve).
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and if available a portfolio of creative work to email@example.com.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!